Vaccines In Delay

Cianna Slater happily wears her mask to stay safe in school and enjoy her socially distanced learning.

Ruth Estrada, Staff Writer

Some people may say it’s crazy and some people may say it’s expected on how the coronavirus outbreak all started January 30th of 2020.

“It doesn’t amaze me because significant people are scared of this virus and want to get the vaccine,” junior Courtney Larson said.

According to CDC.com, more than 3,049 deaths have occurred each day because of the virus. New York is the first to run out of vaccines, being an enormous place with a substantial population.

“As New York is so congested and has been hit badly with Covid waves,” freshman Aiden Roberts said.

Beginning the new year, Americans are pressuring president Joe Biden to get more vaccines and he is being questioned by the press regarding his approach to handling the whole pandemic and virus.

“Hopefully find a way to provide more,” senior Diana Drew said.

The federal government purchased an additional 200 million doses of the covid-19 vaccines. President Biden announced Thursday during a tour of the National Institutes of Health, “The U.S. is on track to have enough supply of the vaccine to vaccinate 300 million Americans by the end of July. That comes out to roughly 600 million doses supplied in the United States by 50 percent.”

Health care workers are on the line each day to help treat patients, but not get treated themselves while working long hours to help people in their community.

Biden and Dr. Doug Emhoff told nurses, who the CDC says are at a higher risk of contracting COVID-19, that “this administration is fighting for them.”

Most of their time was spent listening to the nurses’ request for more protective gear and vaccine doses.

Frustrated. I bet they’re so frustrated”, said Sophmore Sheyenne Herrera.

Even though New York has the highest deaths with 41,889 and 1.34M cases so far, this virus has affected people in many ways with not having enough supplies or resources to help keep all people safe.

“The less health care works, if I get sick, I have to go through more to get better,” senior Diana Drew said.

First Lady Dr. Jill Biden said the Trump administration has declared the coronavirus pandemic “political.”

Only being two months into the new year of 2021, wondering what it will be like for all of us, senior John Allen has an idea of what it will be.

“Remember that Movie 2012. It’s on a prophecy from a long time ago that the world will end on Dec.31st 2012.” Allen said. “Some people are saying that the prophet was dyslexic and got the year mixed up 2021. I’m expecting the world will end, not like the movie 2012, but like it.”

With his prediction, hopefully nothing this horrible will happen to any of us in the new year of 2021.