10 Qs with Kennedi Walker
- Why do you think you were nominated for prom queen?
“I really don’t know. I guess I’m just a kind person and I do my best to make sure everyone has a smile on their face and I try to be kind to everyone.”
- What does the title of prom queen mean to you?
“It means people know me and that I’m a cool gal.”
- What’s your favorite and least favorite part of being nominated?
“My least favorite part is having to pay for a ticket even though I’m nominated and my favorite part of being nominated is being nominated. I don’t even have to win or anything, I’m just excited to be nominated.”
- What are you involved in?
“Theater, Blacks Achieving Greatness club, Principal’s Advisory Council, Choir.”
- What are your plans after high school?
“After high school, I wanted to do an internship survey at my church. After that, I’m going to do two years at MCC with the A-plus scholarship.”
- What is your advice to underclassmen?
“My advice to underclassmen is to stay lit.”
- What has been the most important thing you’ve learned in high school?
“That everything happens for reason.”
- Is there anything you would like to add?
“No, not really.”
- What is it like to know that you’re graduating in 20 school days?
“It seems so real now, it’s crazy, it’s exciting!”
- If you could change one thing that you’ve done in high school, what it be?
“I would change freshman year because I didn’t pay enough attention.”