10 Qs with Rana Ekilah
- Why do you think you were nominated for prom king/queen?
“Because I was involved in so many activities and sports everyone just started to get to know me better than before.”
- What does the title of prom king/queen mean to you?
“It isn’t really a big deal, just the thought that everyone thought of me surprised me.”
- What is your favorite and least favorite part of being nominated?
“ Least favorite is that there isn’t really much to do to prepare. Favorite part is going to get a dress and that we have more time to focus on school while it’s busy.”
- What are you involved in?
“I’m involved in student council, captain of the soccer team, Gold Medallion, debate team and others.”
- What are your plans after high school?
“Got accepted into UMKC in a six-year program for medical school.”
- What is your advice to underclassmen?
“Underclassmen get involved. Don’t hold back. It makes school a lot harder because you don’t really get to make new friends.”
- What has been the most important thing you’ve learned in high school?
“Appreciate what you have while you have it because you never know what could happen.”
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
“Thank you Tonka for making me into the person I am, and not giving up on me.”
- What is it like to know you’re graduating in less than 20 school days?
“I still don’t feel like a senior. It’s crazy knowing it is that soon.”
- If you could change one thing that you’ve done in high school, what would it be?
“Avoid the petty drama. It’s not worth it.”