Mockingjay leaves audience hanging

Jocelin Egeland

The movie “Mockingjay Part 1” is not the book’s original storyline, however it remains true to Suzanne Collins.

Jennifer Lawrence is the Mockingjay in the third movie of the “Hunger Games” trilogy. She plays the heroine, Katniss Everdeen. As it left off in the second movie “Catching Fire,” District 13 rescued Everdeen from the Capital.

Peeta Mellark, played by Josh Hutcherson, was taken by the Capital at the end of the second movie. Throughout “Mockingjay” Katniss fights to get Mellark back.

The battle between Everdeen and President Snow played by Donald Sutherland, rages on.

Top of the line graphics enhance the overall experience to a new level. The movie made the audience feel as if they were fighting alongside Everdeen.

This movie is for ages 12 to 112. Due to the PG13 rating, it would not be recommended for smaller children or for people who do not prefer watching violence.

Even though this is a violent and sad movie there are moments of pure love and good humor between the characters.

Without these moments this movie would not have been as good as it was.

The movie was a thrill ride from the beginning to the end. It was fast paced and even the slower parts kept the audience intrigued and at the edge of their seats.

With themes of courage, friendship, and love, there are things that everyone could learn something from Everdeen’s experiences. “Mockingjay” is a must see for everyone.

This is an A movie.