nvolved in: Debate, Competitive Drama, Basketball, N2 Broadcast, Theater and WGTV

Rachel Adamson

Rachel Adamson

Westly Bertha

Rachel Adamson

From the click of a camera to directing films, senior Westly Bertha has been involved with N2 broadcast [created from the Sports Broadcasting and Sports Marketing classes in the North Kansas City School District] since junior year; creating quality entertainment for the North Kansas City School District.

“I’ve learned how to speak in front of a microphone, and how to change my voice for the production,” Bertha said. “I’ve learned how to work a camera, setting it up and taking it down. I know how to run a broadcast, direct it, produce it and I know how to run re-play.”

Being involved in N2 broadcast has allowed Bertha the opportunity to film outside of the classroom.

“This past summer I took place in this N2 Broadcasting thing, so I was able to work lacrosse games,” Bertha said. “I also worked NAIA [The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics] tournaments; females last year and males this year.”

Since being involved in N2 broadcasting has given Bertha the chance to expand his knowledge and learn more about what he could pursue after graduation. He claims he owes the thanks to Tonka.

“Without Tonka I wouldn’t have been able to take the class [broadcasting] in general. I also wouldn’t have been able to get some of the resources that I have.”

Bertha is planning on attending Northwest Missouri State University and pursuing a degree in sports broadcasting.

TONKA NEWS • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in