STUCO Haunted House

Student Council hosts their annual haunted house and Halloween celebration.

Katie Bullock, Writer

Student Council is hosting their annual haunted house this Friday at 7 p.m. and a Halloween party this Saturday from 11a.m. to 1p.m in the lower gym by the softball field.

“The haunted house is a way to bring the community together and provide them with an opportunity to participate in Halloween fun in a safe environment,” senior class president Kamryn Cain said.

The haunted house will be at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 28 and will be a collection of six rooms that each have a different theme. Admission is $1 or two canned food items. All proceeds go to student council. Canned food items will be donated to students within the district.

“We are partnering with a service that turns around and puts the food we collect back on the table of families that are in need in our own school district,” Cain said.

The haunted house is run by Student Council, but this year all Tonka students were invited to be actors and actresses in it.  

“This year anyone can volunteer to be in [the haunted house],” sophomore class president Ashlyn Bunch said. “I think it’s cool that the whole school is coming together for it.”

On Saturday, Oct. 29 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., student council is also hosting a more children-friendly Halloween party that will feature multiple games, a cake walk, and face painting.

“We aim to have young kids that will one day attend Winnetonka High School come to Saturday. This way they are excited about being a future Griffin,” senior class vice president Jake Allen said.

The haunted house will be prefaced by a week of spirit. Students are invited to dress up according to the day’s themes which are:

Monday: Jack-o-lantern day

Tuesday: Twin Day

Wednesday: Candy Day

Thursday: Superhero Day

“The week of spirit is important because it promotes the haunted house and Winnetonka at the same time,” Bunch said.

Student council wants students to come and show their support for Winnetonka.

“Come help out our school,” Cain said. “Have some fun, and get some candy.”