Kobe Bryant, the professional basketball player, is playing in his last game today. With an impressive 20-year career it is time to remember some of his amazing moments.
1. Drafted right out high school, Bryant signed with the Los Angeles Lakers. He has played with them his entire career. His 20 years with the Lakers set a record for the most seasons with one team.
2. On Jan. 22, 2006, Bryant scored a remarkable 81 points- which is the second highest total in the National Basketball Association (NBA) history- in his game against the Toronto Raptors.
3. Over his career some of Bryant’s accomplishments include an 18-time All-Star, 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, 12-time member of the All-Defensive team and he has led the league in scoring twice.
4. In 2008, Bryant was awarded the season’s Most Valuable Player (MVP).
5. In 2008 and 2012 Bryant played on the U.S. Olympic team and won gold medals both times.