6 spring sports to look forward to

Senior+Emily+Glotfelty+practicing+her+passes+on+March+7.+

Emily Elliott

Senior Emily Glotfelty practicing her passes on March 7.

Amber Murray, Co-copy editor

1. Baseball

“I am ready to see the young men back on the field, playing the game I love to coach. I want this season to be special and would love to see as many fans as possible,” Coach Heath Lay said. Students should look forward to enjoying the wonderful spring weather at the outside diamonds and the nice view of the players on the field.

Baseball schedule 

2. Boys Golf

“I think we will do well this year. It’s never to late to come out for golf, we are always looking for new golfers to join the team this year or next,” Coach Nathan Stephenson said. Students will be able to experience the smell of fresh cut grass and the beautiful scenery at the golf courses.

Boys golf schedule

3. Boys Tennis

“We have extra high goals set because we have almost our entire varsity back from last year and we think we can win the conference championship.” Coach Joseph Wendt said. Students can watch the fast paced competition while enjoying the spring weather.

Boys tennis schedule

4. Girls Soccer

“A goal for us is to continue to work skills and confidence in the goal.” Coach David Flynn said. Students will be engaged from the moment they step onto the bleachers as the girls play their hardest on the field.

Girls soccer schedule

5. Boys Rugby

“They [the rugby players] recognized the tenets of character, physicality, endurance and camaraderie that the game teaches and tests,” coach Mike Cowger said. Students will be swept away by the large crowds and exciting atmosphere that comes during a rugby game.

Boys rugby schedule

6. Track and Field

“The goal is to make a team where we can realize where our strengths are, where we need to improve and help the kids develop good work ethic.” Coach Dale Brown said. Students will be able to watch multiple events in the same area and be able to watch some students qualify for state.

Boys track schedule

Girls track schedule