The saga continues

Official movie poster.

Official movie poster.

Jocelin Egeland, Writer

Official movie poster.

Official movie poster.

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is a nostalgic film that adds new depth to the classics.

Thirty years after the original saga the galaxy is under a new threat, The First Order. The only hope lies in the hands of an ex storm trooper, a scavenger and a few familiar faces.

With unexpected plot twists and tragic events throughout the entire movie this new addition will keep the audience on the edge of their seats.

The graphics alone make this film stand out from others. The landscapes and epic fighting sequences are realistic and remarkable.

Seeing familiar characters such as Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Princess Leia added a sentimental feeling to the old movies and provided long time fans of the franchise to feel some closure to their favorites.

The new characters are not to be over looked though. The casting director did an amazing job providing new characters that the fans can connect and grow attached to like they did with the original cast.

The success of this film can be accredited to the choice of actors. Returning actors such as Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher added the connection the film needed to the original movies but the new upcoming actors such as Daisy Ridley and John Boyega have so much talent and added fresh faces and storylines to the franchise.

With heavy violence this film may not be suitable for all age groups.

The seventh episode in the Star Wars series continues the story from the beloved original saga. Although this movie provides more questions than answers; any fan of the franchise will enjoy this film.

This movie deserves an A.