Executive orders on the way

Kaitlyn Minet

President Barack Obama addresses gun control issues by taking executive actions.

Obama will meet Monday [January 4th] with Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch to finalize a series of new gun control measures and will announce his package of proposals soon after, according to several individuals who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the plan is not yet public, reported the WashingtonPost online.

Obama’s main proposals would require some unlicensed gun dealers to get licenses and conduct background checks on potential buyers, according to washingtonpost, Obama began examining how he could tighten the nation’s gun rules after October’s mass shooting at Umpqua College in Roseburg, Oregon.

Some think that gun control laws may not be the answer.

“I believe that no matter what we do to change the gun laws there will always be violence regarding firearm,” junior Destiny Alvarado said.

The GOP field [Grand Old Party aka Republican party] strongly disagrees with Obama.

“We’re not changing the Second Amendment,” front-running Donald Trump said Saturday at a campaign rally in Biloxi, Miss. “I will veto that. I will un-sign that so fast,” according to online FoxNews.

Some are even calling Obama names because of his actions.

“The President is a petulant child,” New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie told FoxNews, “Whenever he doesn’t get what he wants, this President acts like a king.”

Others have hope that the President Obama is trying to make a positive impact.

“The President can do what wants and needs to, we can just hope it’s for the best,” Alvarado said.