Game Five of the American League Championship Series

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hayden Weatherman, Writer

After winning 14 to two the Royals were looking to clinch a spot in the World Series. It looks like it will have to wait a game after loosing seven to one to the Toronto Blue Jays.

Up until the sixth inning it was promising a pithing duel between Kansas City’s pitcher Edinson Volquez and Toronto’s pitcher Marco Estrada.

Heading into the sixth the score was one to zero with the Blue Jays on top, after a solo shot by Chris Colabello.

In the bottom of the sixth Volquez hit batter Josh Donaldson putting him on first with zero outs. Volquez then walked three straight allowing a run to score and loading the bases with zero outs.

Royals manager, Ned Yost, then made a pitching change bringing in Kelvin Herrera to try and finish the inning off. Troy Tulowitzki doubled clearing the bases and scoring three runs, bringing the score to five to zero.

While Toronto continued to score in the seventh making the score six to zero.

In the top of the eighth the Royals got a run in after catcher Salvador Perez hit a solo home run.

The Blue Jays beat the Royals of a final score of seven to one. Making the series three games to two in the Royals favor.

Kansas City will come back home for game six of the series to try and win leading them to their second consecutive World Series appearance and second year American League Champs.