The student news site of Winnetonka High School

TONKA NEWS

Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

Rachel Adamson and Emily Elliott

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Village Gardens Apartment complex on fire September 10.

Thursday afternoon (Sept. 10) around 2:15 firefighters were called to Village Gardens Apartments at 30 S. Miriam Street.

Upon arrival to the scene, smoke and fire were erupting from the building.

The firefighters were able to get everyone out the building safely, leaving one fireman injured and three pets dead.

The fire, which caused an explosion, was started in a second floor closet but how the fire started is still under investigation.

According to a resident in the apartment when the fire started, she was informed of the fire when her neighbors started beating on her door yelling, “Fire, fire!”

No major damage or injuries were reported.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




*

Navigate Right
Navigate Left
  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Local

    District child care center moved from Tonka

  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Local

    Homecoming at home

  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Local

    Drawing the line

  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Local

    Dictionary Distribution

  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Local

    Band, choir and orchestra students go to State

  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Local

    Yordano Ventura dies in a car accident

  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Local

    School ensures safety

  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Local

    Carolyn Knapp wins Teachers Who Inspire award

  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Features

    Saving Superman

  • Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo

    Local

    Strings for smiles

error: Content is protected !!
The student news site of Winnetonka High School
Fire at apartment complex in Claycomo